Thursday, August 4, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

I have no idea where this reciepe came from (kudos to whoever created it!) but I do know that this is one of my absolute favorite dishes my Mom used to make for breakfast when we were younger.  It does take some planning (you have to prep it the night before) but trust me, its worth the work!  If you are a breakfast lover like me, I'm sure you will enjoy this casserole as much as I do.
My Dad always says breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  Enjoy!
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/
1 box seasoned croutons

2 lbs pork sausage, browned and drained
1 cup grated cheddar or American cheese
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of msuhroom soup
2 cups milk
8 eggs
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard

Layer croutons and sausage in a 9 1/2 x 13 inch glass casserole dish.  Beat remaining ingredients together and pour over crouton-susage mixtre.  Cover and store in refridgerator overnight.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Uncover casserole and bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment