Thursday, April 4, 2013

Red Velvet Cake Balls

Monday was our 2 year blog anniversary and I have to say it's been a world wind of fun sharing my thoughts and idea's with you!

In honor (read coincidentally) of this milestone, I have a wonderful baking experience to share that is part of the reason I started this blog, to share my trials and tribulations of all things dealing with hosting and entertaining.

We all know I have an aversion to baking, but I still try to master the skill.  For Easter all I wanted to do was bake the most perfect Red Velvet cake.  I found this awesome recipe for a Heritage Red Velvet Cake that I knew would be moist, light and fluffy and perfect for an Easter dessert.  The cake was just that, light and fluffy, somewhere between the baking and cooling my perfect cake turned into a crumbly disaster.

Personal Photo
Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo
Personal Photo

Personal Photo

In an effort to salvage the delicious cake, I thought I'd turn the crumbs into cake balls.  Thank goodness for this recipe from Bakerella!
Personal Photo


Personal Photo
Personal Photo
Personal Photo
Personal Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment