Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring Wreath

One day when going through the mail I was struck by the color combination used on a post card that was sent to us.  In need of a new spring wreath, I knew that color combination would be perfect.  After visiting several craft stores with my postcard in hand, I finally found the right shades of yarn to make my vision a reality, even better, I was able to get it made and on the door before Easter.

Materials:
5 colors of Yarn (Found at Hobby Lobby)
Foam Wreath Form
Glue Gun
Scissors
Wooden Letter
Spray Paint

First, I spray painted my Monogram L white so it would stand out against the wreath and dark door.  While it was drying I began working on the actual wreath.  Take the yarn and wrap it around the wreath form tightly, tie the next color and continue.  Make sure all the tied sections are in the back of the wreath and will be against the door.  I free handed each section, in hindsight I should have measured out each section for accuracy.  Once I was done, I used the glue gun to attach the L, and Voila!

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment