Thursday, July 26, 2012

Red Beans & Rice

This recipe is a take on a southern classic, think New Orleans!  Red Beans & Rice is one of my favorites especially in the summer time.  Can't you see yourself sitting in a little cafe on one of New Orleans' side treats enjoying this native dish?

One of my friends found this recipe for RB&R via Kraft when we were in college, and I've been using it ever since.  A helpful hint I use is to buy Velveeta cheese slices instead of the brick for a couple of reasons.  First, it is easier to calculate the measurements, second the cheese slices melt into the dish faster then cubes would and finally, the extra sliced cheese is easier to use up than the remaining brick cheese. I apologize for being in such a hurry to enjoy this dish that I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product!

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Photo from Kraft Website

No comments:

Post a Comment