Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lula's Chili

Fall and winter is the best time for comfort foods.  As soon as the weather got cool I could not wait to make this recipe that was given to me by my grandmother.  It is my ABSOLUTE favorite thing to make as soon as summer is over.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

YUMMY!

Don't forget the cornbread!


CHILI
1lb of ground beef
1 can of light red kidney beans (15.5oz)
1 can of pinto beans (15.5 oz)
1 can of tomato soup
2 cans of diced tomatoes with green peppers & onions
1 can of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of diced garlic
¼ cup of chili powder
1 tablespoon of Onion Salt
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
Season ground beef with salt & pepper.  Brown and drain, and put in a large pot.  Drain cans of beans and one can of diced tomatoes.  Add all three cans, plus un-drained can of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and soup to large pot.  Season with onion salt, garlic powder, chili powder and diced garlic to chili.  Let simmer, covered, until chili is completely warmed through.  Add sour cream and cheese for additional toppings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment